Joshua Williamson, Dennis Culver and Giannis Milonogiannis send Red Hood on the hunt for the Next Batman in the new DC series Future State: Gotham.
Red Hood has turned his back on the Bat-Family and is on the hunt for the Next Batman in Future State: Gotham, a new ongoing series by writers Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver, and artist Giannis Milonogiannis.
Set in the world of DC Future State, this new series continues the story of Red Hood working as a bounty hunter for The Magistrate, as part of their “zero tolerance” policy on masked vigilantes in Future State: Dark Detective. Future State: Gotham is set against the backdrop of a possible future Gotham City seen in other titles such as Future State: The Next Batman, Future State: Harley Quinn, Future State: Robin Eternal and Future State Nightwing. “Rendered in stark, black and white tones, Future State: Gotham will evoke the gritty, noir aesthetic that reinforces Gotham City as a living, breathing part of any Bat-family story,” the description reads.
Future State: Gotham kicks off May 11 with a six-issue story arc titled, “Hunt the Next Batman.” The covers, solicitation, character design and sketch can be found below.
Future State: Gotham #1
- Written by Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver
- Art by Giannis Milonogiannis
- Main cover by Yasmine Putri
- Card stock variant cover by James Stokoe
- Disaster strikes Gotham City and all evidence points to Tim Fox, The Next Batman! Jason Todd chooses justice over his family and allies when The Magistrate enlists him to bring in the new Batman, dead or alive! Featuring the entire cast from the popular DC Future State Batman titles, Future State Gotham begins the next chapter in this inevitable world of tomorrow and does so with this dynamic, noirish format.
- On sale May 11
Future State: Gotham #1 goes on sale May 11 from DC.
Catwoman’s Newest Costume Has One Ingenious Use
About The Author